Sometimes you want to make a quick getaway for the weekend! It’s a great way to share new experiences with loved ones, get inspired by different cities, and just to refresh and relax your mind. For residents of our new home communities near Southern Pines, NC, making a trip that is still close to home is easy! Here are six quick trips close to home that are perfect destinations for springtime:
- Durham, NC: Durham’s historic culture has unlocked this city’s potential in a revival of downtown over the last several years. If you haven’t been to Durham, NC in a while, put this at number one on your list! Hotspots to check out:
- Raleigh, NC: From tasty local restaurants to cozy coffee shops to tons of local shopping, the capital city doesn’t disappoint. Set aside a few hours to wander around downtown Raleigh’s historic district in addition to visiting these:
- Asheville, NC: This city is known for its art, culture, beer, hiking, and much more. Get out of downtown to experience all facets of Asheville including these places:
- Charleston, SC: A town rich in history, vibrant culture, and some deliciously spectacular restaurants, Charleston, SC is a great trip to take on a long weekend. Spring is a great time to enjoy Charleston’s sunshine. Among plantation tours, the market, and boutiques, here are some other not-to-miss destinations:
- Charlotte, NC: Charlotte, NC hosts plenty of outdoor events beginning in the spring and carrying through the fall. This city also boasts a ton of top-notch restaurants and breweries that you won’t find anywhere else! Make plans to see these too:
- Wilmington, NC: This historic coastal town is chocked full of character, whimsy, and charm. Stroll through downtown along the river with a scoop of your favorite icecream and make plans to attend the Azalea Festival as well as these top spots:
Feeling inspired to pack your bags and hit the road? When you’re finished with your travels, it’s always a comfort to know you’re headed back to your cozy new home in Southern Pines, NC. View our available new homes in Aberdeen, NC and make plans to visit our new home communities near the Sandhills.